background

Monday, June 9, 2008

Footsteps of Faith

Kendal left today for TWO WEEKS in Europe! I am thrilled for him and sad for myself all at the same time as I already miss him terribly. He is helping lead a group of high school students from our presbytery on a tour that traces the footsteps of Paul throughout Greece, Italy and Turkey. It is going to be an absolutely amazing trip... and he didn't even bring a camera! Hopefully he can steal some photos from the other group members and post some pics and stories when he gets home.


In the meantime, I have lots of help from the grandmothers. GanGan is here until tomorrow, then Nana is headed up here to help until Kendal gets home. The twins are into EVERYTHING (cat food is a new favorite, yuck). It's so much fun to chase them around, but it's also just a little exhausting. They babble almost-words all the time and we're convinced they are talking to each other and just have no need to talk to us! That is, until they need their allowance...

Quick note - Kendal and I just celebrated our sixth anniversary. Nana came up to watch the kids and K and I spent a great evening dining at a wonderful, romantic restaurant in Hot Springs, Angels in the Park. We then spent the next several hours tracking down the swingset we eventually bought and built (Kendal built!) for the kids. It was a fun night and just the right mix of romance and parenthood! That shot of our garage is the "before"...

and here is the "after!" (photo stolen from walmart.com)

One last photo... I accidentally spilled the entire bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo in the tub the other night while preparing a bath for the twins. So, they got their first bubble bath! Carlisle loved doing face plants into the bubbles and coming up with a full bubble beard! Jackson Camper was a little more cautious but liked slapping his hands in the bubbles. Fun times!!


No comments: