background

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

After we got home from Hot Springs, we drove up to find a flower delivery truck in our driveway. My heart started pounding - FLOWERS! I was so excited to see a dozen long-stemmed, pale pink roses. Many thanks and much love to Ben and Julia Claire (Papa and Nana) for the treasured gift! Kendal decided that he needed to prepare a romantic dinner to complement the roses. What a lucky girl I am!




Once we put the kiddos to bed, Kendal grilled two steaks to medium-rare perfection, concocted a red wine-mushroom reduction (amazing!) and baked potatoes with all the fixin's. We actually ate our meal at the table (with placemats!) and had a wonderfully quiet date at home.

On Saturday, the twins got a box in the mail. GanGan and Big Daddy sent V-day gifts! We ripped open the box to find candy/treats and two realistic, gadget-happy play cell phones that look very similar to the ones Kendal and I own :) They love, love, love the phones - Jackson has even been sleeping with his. Happy day! That night, two of the sweetest people in the entire world (Meagan and Rob) offered to keep ALL of the young kids at our church for FREE so the parents could go out to eat. Wow. So, we enjoyed another romantic dinner at our fave restaurant (The Honeycomb) with fab friends Mary Elizabeth and Conner. What a treat!

Today (Wednesday) the kids decided to hit the harmonicas. They have two play ones and also found Kendal's - and they ran and played and ran and played all afternoon! No doubt we have a musical duo! And, yes, Carlisle's bloomers say "Land's End."

From Collages

2 comments:

Perdue4 said...

I'm always amazed at how much fun you can have with your last name.

odomfamilyfun said...

The dinner looks yummy! Love the kids playing music....I bet your house is NEVER quiet ;)