background

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oatmeal Time!

In other exciting news, Evie Claire is now four months old! We just can't believe that. She is really trying to sit up - her "core" is strong as can be, she will be a natural in yoga classes soon. She continues to be a sweet, content baby and coos and smiles all the time. We have noticed she's been a lot more hungry than normal so we decided it was time to introduce a little oatmeal into her diet.
Wouldn't you know... she likes it! The first bite was a big surprise to her, but she got the hang of the spoon very quickly and ate the entire bowl! Nana was here during the first meal and got some great pics I'll share soon. Here are a few I took during another oatmeal snack - yummy stuff!

Last night, I got to enjoy a most fabulous girls' night out with my friends. We needed it! Six of us headed up to Little Rock to meet our friend Laura for a night of great wine, cuisine (Bosa Nova, the best!) and conversation. Why is it that we can't do that every weekend? Oh, right - kids! While the girls hit the town, the guys gathered at our friend Nathan's house. The six guys and four kids ate barbeque and played Thomas the Train - I think they had a pretty good night out, too! Nana got to spend a little one-on-one time with sweet Evie. Thank you, Nana, for all your help this weekend!

Before I sign out for today, I want to record a few of the really funny things the twins have been saying lately. A friend at church reminded me today to write these things down, so here are a few of the more humorous statements...
  • Jackson and I are sitting at the table finishing supper when he puts his chin in his hands, smiles at me and says, "So, talk to me mama!" like we were old friends.
  • Driving home one evening, Jackson points at the moon and says "I like that banana moon!"
  • Jackson really likes to talk about Thomas the Train, robots and ghosts. The ghost part makes me a little nervous as kids are supposed to have the ability to see them... Anyway, Jackson is talking to us about a ghost that he sees in the kitchen. Kendal asks him if it's a friendly ghost or a bad ghost. Jackson shrugs and says "Good ghost, bad ghost - still a ghost!"
  • Not sure if I should share this but oh well... Carlisle is hanging out in our room as I'm frantically getting dressed for work. She points at me and says "Mama, is that your body?" to which I reply "Yes, Carli. Do you have a body?" She points to her booty and says "I have a body in my diaper!"
  • Carlisle loves to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and her new favorite is "Baa Baa Black Sheep." She sings at the top of her lungs, "Baa baa back sheeps dav' you ady bool? Yes sir, yes sir, yes sir, yes sir..."

No comments: