
Another nice fall weekend! Tonight, Kendal helped host a fishing party to benefit Group Living, a fantastic nonprofit here in Arkadelphia. Following an afternoon of fishing, the Kaufman's treated everyone to a barbeque complete with kosher hot dogs, home-made potato salad and beans AND banana pudding! I brought the twins over for dinner and they loved running all around the Kaufman's log cabin and playing with their four dogs (all Humane Society rescues).
Last night, Kendal hosted a "Brill" for his brewing buddies. Drew and Conner helped brew a "nut brown ale" variety (it was actually brewed with chocolate!) while wives Elaine, Mary Elizabeth and I hung around outside and talked all about babies and... well, babies. While brewing, Kendal and the guys grilled fajita meat (hence the "brill") which we later feasted on - yum! In preparation for dinner (and fall in general) I bought four pumpkins to represent our family and wrote our intitials on each - I stole that idea from my fave show "Jon and Kate Plus 8" and I think it makes a nice front porch addition!
This morning, Kendal's parents came up for the day. We haven't seen them in over a month and they were amazed by how FAST the twins can run! They've just returned from an amazing trip to Europe (Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania) and brought the twins some beautiful Hungarian dolls (or "Hungry Dolls" and we kept saying). We had a fun day catching up and were so grateful for the time we are able to spend together. Meanwhile in Hattiesburg, my dad and sister were enjoying H'burg's finest "October Fest" at the Lutheran Church, a 'burg tradition. My mom is recovering from surgery so she missed the festivities this year BUT will make up for it when she and my dad help take the kids trick-or-treating during our late October visit to MS!
1 comment:
Oh Lauren they are too cute I just love it!!! I can't believe how big they are getting ;)
Just checked my mom's blog and saw TWO messages from you. Call me next time as she doesn't remember to check that and I forget. Yes, we have stuff just call me later...and not just for that...let's catch up! Miss you.
Post a Comment