I just returned from a wonderful trip to Chicago - and Kendal kept the kids! I went to see one of my best friends, Susan (pictured with Jackson Camper last Christmas), who just relocated to Chicago from Seattle. She lives in a fantastic garden apartment in Lincoln Square and we had an amazing time exploring the city (well, the stores). We shopped at H&M (I think we went there three separate times!), found some cute kids' stores, ate fantastic food, met up with friend Kathy (Susan's BF from college and my first Atlanta roommate), shopped, rode the train, etc. She has a great group of friends in Chicago and I got to meet a ton of them on Friday night and at a 30th b'day party on Saturday. I am so happy she is closer and already settled in her new home.I also had the opportunity to catch up with another old friend, Amy. I met Amy 10 years ago during our Campus Crusade Summer Project in San Diego and we've stayed close ever since. Amy is a dancer and has lived in Chicago with her hubby, Ryan (who we also met in San Diego on Project!) for the last 5+ years. We caught up over our all-time favorite Starbucks coffee, then went to see her new apartment and grabbed lunch at a yummy neighborhood bakery. It was such a blessing to catch up with her after way too long!
Meanwhile, Kendal took the babies down to Louisiana for a good long weekend with Nana and Papa. While Kendal and his dad worked on their fish camp (and got a tiny bit of fishing time in) Nana and the twins PLAYED! They also got their very first introduction to "Dixie Cotton" and played in the southern snow with their cousins and spent time with great-grandmother Bebe (Kendal's dad's mom). We'll post photos of the cotton soon! The twins even got to go to church with Nana and Papa before coming back home to Arkansas. They were tired from a full weekend (fell asleep at 6:30pm!) but happy, happy, happy.
1 comment:
Lauren
I was so excited to see Susan on this post! What fun! Please pass along my hellos!
Carly
Post a Comment