background

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just catching up

Our "stay-cation" was restful in the beginning, but Kendal was hit with a rough case of bronchitis toward the end so the kids and I fended for ourselves. Luckily, he is feeling much better but did have to miss church - thanks, Conner, for reading Kendal's sermon! And, many thanks to Nana and Papa for coming up to take care of the twins when I went back to work on Sunday!

All too soon, it was time to go back to work. Ouachita hosts regional receptions in Shreveport, Dallas and Little Rock - and this was the week! I was busy traveling much of the week and missed out on some good downtime with the family but I did get to take them to their "first day of school" in a new classroom! Their nursery teacher, Miss Nikki, moved up to the toddler room, too, as do many of their friends. The class is a bit more structured now as the kids learn about winter, eat lunch at the table and have more time to play!



From Jan 2009 - playing outside
This weekend has been fabulous. Last night, my friend Karen and I headed to Little Rock for some much-needed girl time. We hit Harold's - everything in the story was 80-90% off! I was surprised to see that Harold's is one of the economy's latest casualties, but that didn't stop us from taking some merchandise off their hands! We then got some pillows for our new couch (the real point of the LR excursion - couch and new den arrangement pictured above) and ate dinner at Cantina Laredo - yum, guac made right at your table! Karen then introduced me to the Container Store - I was horrified and shamed by the spread of organizational options, none of which I can actually find the time to incorporate into our crazy life unfortunately.

Today, I've been catching up on laundry while Kendal cleaned the garage and yard (I got the better deal!). Kendal's now off brewing with our friend Drew and I took the kids for a quick run. Ouch. I am trying to get ready for the Little Rock mararthon relay, but today's jaunt affirmed how very unprepared I am!Later, we played in the yard for a while - had to take advantage of the cozy, trendy Puma outfits from Aunt Susan! The kids found the leftover Heineken mini-keg on the porch - they were way too interested! We then had some playtime before heading in for a snack. Happy Saturday!

No comments: