background

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

To quote our favorite, non-creepy puppet Mary from Noggin's "Jack's Big Music Show," we can only say "What a day!" I was able to watch most of the inauguration ceremony from my computer at work - loved the running Facebook commentary on CNN.com where I could read my friends' thoughts and comments. Time and again, people said they had never been more proud to be an American than today (with an occasional "Woot!" thrown in). I have to agree. Even more, I have never been more proud to be a parent and introduce my children to this great country and train then to view the world through colorblind, God-seeking lenses. Kendal taped the ceremony so tonight, we were able to enjoy the prayers, take in the full measure of our new President's vision and celebrate a truly beautiful day in our history. No, the kids didn't understand what they were watching, but they did watch - amazing since it was not in cartoon-form :) One day, they'll go back and read President Obama's first words from the presidential podium, go ga-ga over Michelle Obama's fabulous dress (I can only hope) and - most importantly - not even know a world where it was ever impossible to let race dictate greatness and override justice. Their minds and dreams are wide open!

From Collages


And I must reiterate... I love our new president, but I adore his wife!!

No comments: