background

Sunday, February 1, 2009

We just got back from a Super Bowl party where the kids outnumbered the adults! It was a zoo, but tons of fun. The twins played so well with the other kids (ranging in age from 12 months to 10 years). Carli was a little shy at first, but Jackson Camper jumped right in, playing and running and throwing everything in sight! Carlisle quickly warmed up to the other kids, especially Jordan (10) who helped her onto all the big toys. The group split into boys/girls halfway through the night - the girls built block towers while the boys jumped in and out of a tent. Crazy, loud and fantastic! And, I'm totally stuffed from enchiladas, cheese dip, brownies and tons of other yummy goodies that I am now banned from eating!

2009 - Winter pics

This weekend was a good one, though I'm completely exhausted. Friday, Kendal and I got to go to a "fancy dress party" - a cocktail party for Group Living. Nana came up to love on the kids while we went to the party. I accidentally bid on a two-night stay at Diamond Jack's Casino in Shreveport - I thought I was just starting the bidding, but we won the stay so I guess we're planning a big casino trip in the near future! On Saturday, after I slept in a bit, my friend M.E. and I went for a 5 mile run - our marathon relay is in 6 weeks but I'm feeling good about being ready to run the 6-7 mile stretch. This morning, we had eight kids in our church nursery - that's pretty outstanding for our church! Unfortunately, we didn't have a nursery worker so the kids were stuck with me! We just played and I tried to make sure no one jumped off a chair (or stood on one) - they did great but I definitely know I'm not cut out to be a preschool teacher, ever!!

1 comment:

Matt & Carrie said...

Unless you need a vacation, let us know when you're throwin' dice at Diamond Jack's...we'll meet you there! They are growing so fast!! C's hair is so long and looks adorable in that headband! JC is such the lil'K!