![]() |
| From Summer 2009 |
I very clearly remember driving to church one Sunday several years ago and passing the local Donut Palace, looking longingly out my window. Seriously - it's a big deal for our small town to have its own donut shop! Anyway, as I drove past I thought about a family I was close to growing up (the Howtons) who ate Shipley's donuts together every Sunday morning before church. I wanted so badly to have kids of my own I could take on a "donut date" before church - a simple yearning, but one that at that moment was incredibly powerful and seemed more than a little unattainable with all the problems we'd had conceiving.
Now nearly three years later, I got the chance to take Carlisle and Jackson on our first "donut date." My pregnancy cravings certainly did not hurt in the decision to introduce this new tradition to the twins. I was worried taking them by myself but tool on the challenge and it was well worth it! The kid love their donut holes and chocolate milk, so we had a sweet feast together before wiping the sugar off our faces and heading to church.
![]() |
| From Summer 2009 |


No comments:
Post a Comment