background

Saturday, October 10, 2009

A good day!

Amazingly enough... Homecoming is over and we finished the day with "no rain... no baby..." our team's mantra for the week. Here's a quick belly pic as I don't think I've posted any - Evie Claire is getting bigger by the day but she's still active and mom is feeling really good! I'm exhausted from a long week, but it's really a blessing to work with people who are so supportive. I even had a number of "baby-sitters" who literally followed me around campus all day to make sure I sat down and didn't go too crazy (thanks, Keisha and Rebecca!). Both staff and students pitched in today to make sure our on-campus festivities were a success! God is good! Now, we just need to get through next week as my doctor (who is fabulous, fabulous) is at Disney with her family! Eek!

Kendal was too wonderful and brought the kids out to Ouachita today to surprise me. They came at the perfect time and we were able to enjoy lunch together with some of our friends. It was freezing (low 50's - that's not normal for Arkansas!) and overcast, but dry! We also got to introduce the kids to the LIVE TIGER we brought to campus (who, thankfully, did not eat anyone, but did spray a few guests) and they got balloons to tote around campus. Just seeing my family made all the stress melt away for a few moments - I am so grateful for them! And, grateful for Nana and Papa who came in this week to watch the kiddos while I had Homecoming events and Kendal had Presbytery meetings (where he preached and BROUGHT IT!). They even cleaned our house from top to bottom - wow! We also think the addition may be finished by the end of next week. There is a real chance we could be IN the addition before Evie arrives, but I'm trying not to get too cocky!

Here are just a few pics from today (courtesy of Dr. Kluck) - Ouachita is a great place to work and I'm grateful for the opportunity!

OBU HC 2009

2 comments:

Alison said...

Umm...I cannot IMAGINE standing up all day long doing work for homecoming. You are one brave woman!

Amanda said...

Hey, I'm so glad Miss Evie Claire is staying put for you! That would be so nice if you could get all moved into the addition before she gets here!! I finished the book last night- I have questions about it but I liked it a LOT. I got it per your request after our dinner....went to Books A Million the next day! Hope you are feeling well- take care of yourself!