Evie Claire is here! We knew she would make her debut this week, but didn't think it would be on Monday! My water actually broke at work (
a horrifying, classic+ needed-a-pickle-jar-in-my-purse, movie moment since I couldn't be drama free). The contractions came on so fast my doctor in Little Rock advised we stay in Arkadelphia, so major change of plans! Luckily, a fabulous new OB/GYN, Dr. Michael Carozza, just opened his clinic in town and he stepped in as my doctor. We cannot praise him enough - an amazing, gentle doctor who spent tons of time with us as we prepared for the birth, kept us calm and even prayed with us. Kendal even got to cut the umbilical cord this time and he was the best coach in the world (and the best husband and dad - wish I had a pic of his face when he saw her for the first time!!!) The nurses were also fabulous and we couldn't have had a better experience! My water broke a little before 2PM and Evie Claire was here by 6:30 - so pretty good timing! AND the epidural worked, so great all the way around!
On Monday, my amazing friend Mary Elizabeth watched the twins all afternoon - I have no idea how she held it all together! Her son Will is the twins' best friend so what a perfect day for them! Somehow, M.E. managed to take the kiddos on a walk, entertain them, feed them dinner, bathe them AND have them ready to go to the hospital to "meet" their new baby sister when Nana, Papa and Aunt Shannon got into town. She is truly Super Woman - I could not have prayed for a better friend and I am so grateful for her.
Nana and Papa watched the twins all day on Tuesday (and cleaned the house - it looks spic 'n span!) while Kendal helped get the nursery ready for Evie. I got to hang at the hospital, rest a little, visit with some friends who called and stopped by - and even watched four episodes of the Kardashians on E! (I would not recommend getting into that show, btw). GanGan and Big Daddy got in from Hattiesburg around 5 and helped us check out at 6:30 - just one night in the hospital, yay!!!! We then went home and enjoyed a yummy dinner prepared by Nana and Papa and cookies from GanGan while the kids officially met "Hebby." They were definitely unsure at first, but warmed up once we put her in her basinette. This morning, Jackson has been a little tentative but Carlisle has sidled right up to her, even giving her a balloon! Too sweet and such a gift.
5 comments:
Lauren, She is so gorgeous! I can't believe your water broke at work. Can't wait to hear that story. I'm so impressed that you had her less than 48 hours ago and you are blogging, and seem so "normal." YOU are the superwoman, my dear. Love you, and love ALL three of your babies.
Congratulations to everyone! I'm so glad she arrived so quickly and healthy! I can't believe you are already home and blogging, you go girl!
Love to everyone there! Congrats again!
Love,
Jen (and Patrick, Brandon and baby boy Marshall)
I cannot BELIEVE you are posting on the blog so fast!! I really can't believe any of this- your moved in your addition, clean house, nursery ready, water breaking at work, back home with the kids and whole family (M.E. is amazing by the way;) Kardashians... I'm really amazed by you. You guys have got this baby thing down! I'm sooo happy for you all and cannot wait to meet Miss Evie! She is looking like her daddy to me in these pics!!
Yay! And yikes! Water breaking at work?? Arkadelphia hospital??? Eesh...but at least you got Dr. Corozza. He's wonderful, isn't he? A 4-5 hour labor?? I'm totally jealous!
Congrats! She's beautiful...and you...still a face full of make up. The pictures of you in the hospital bed cracked me up. Most new moms have bloodshot eyes, no make up, tossled hair, etc. You were perfectly made up...though I'm sure you didn't feel it at the time. :)
Congratulations!!! Can you post the water breakage details??? or is it too personal? haha... my water broke for both of mine, but i was at home both times.
Post a Comment