background

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning
I can honestly say this has been the best Christmas season to date! Not that we've gone without our share of holiday madness and more than a little anxiety, but we have truly had a great time with the kids and have spent some amazing quality time together as a family. The twins are starting to "get it" this year and it's been so much fun to watch their eyes light up as we talk about Christmas. We even got to do some holiday baking together with the twins helping me add sprinkles to chocolate dipped pretzels - messy but fun! Of course, it's mostly all abou the toys but they are starting to understand the real Christmas story, too! And having a tiny little baby during the holidays has just been too perfect. I am so grateful for our family and friends!

On Christmas Eve, we bundled the kids up for our now annual trek to Waffle House for my birthday - we just love it! I opened my birthday present from Kendal and his parents (personal training sessions - I am scared but excited!) and thought I would open one of my Christmas presents from my parents in lieu of their birthday gift to me. I thought I was smart in opening a large box - I was sure it was rain boots and it was pouring cats and dogs outside (9 inches of rain that day!). To my surprise, it was a beautiful purse from my parents (I love it, thank you!). Oops! So, I grabbed some flip-flops and we headed out. We enjoyed breakfast in our pajamas and marveled that Evie Claire will be eating her own waffle next year.

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

When we got home, the kids and I took a nap (yay!) and just relaxed until it was time to get dressed for our church Christmas Eve service. As always, the sanctuary was full and everyone was thankful for the opportunity to worship together. After the service we invited two couples over for a lasagna dinner. I didn't know, however, that Kendal planned a surprise - friends started flowing in to celebrate my 32nd b'day with a Christmas drink. It was so much fun to see a house full of friends, I loved the surprise!

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

On Christmas morning, the kids slept until well past 8 - seriously?! Kendal and I had time to make some tea and coffee and get ready for the madness! The twins were even hesitant to come downstairs - still scared of Santa? But once Jackson Camper heard that Thomas the Train was waiting for him, he headed straight for the stairs! Thomas toys and a train table for JC and an American Girl Bitty Baby for Carlisle were their main gifts, but they also loved tearing through everything else - including Evie's toys! We had a great (loud!) morning and loved seeing the kids' excitement, though we may want to try to contain the excess next year. Special thanks to godparents Matt & Carrie and BFF twins George and Abigail for the Christmas jammies for the kiddos!
From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning
Mid-morning we began getting dressed and loading up to drive down to Shreveport to spend the day with Kendal's family. We were late for lunch but in plenty of time for a wonderful afternoon. The best part of the day was the "unveiling" of the gifts for the four toddlers - new tricycles from Nana and Papa! They had a blast zooming around the driveway! Evie Claire looked on with interest but, as always, was peaceful and sweet as can be throughout the day. It was a perfect day filled with loud laughter and precious family time.

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

From Christmas Eve & Morning

Here are all of our Christmas pics if you really want to take a look! I've begun posting more pics because - when I print the blog into a book - the slideshows don't show up but the pictures do. So, please bear with me (but since only family and close friends read this blog I figure this is okay!).

No comments: