background

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

More Christmas Festivities!

Today was nuts! The kids slept until after 9 a.m. (unheard of!) but Kendal and I didn't get to benefit from it... We were up after 7! I had to wake them up for baths then school, which was not pleasant - why is it that kids can't drink coffee?! Would sure make my mornings easier!We enjoyed the best Bright Christmas party to date last night while the twins played hard with their buddies Will and David Franklin. They played until after 10, enjoyed plenty of pizza and cookies and had a wild and crazy time! Meanwhile, Kendal and I took Evie Claire to the party - she was an absolute angel and was quickly taken out of my arms for the whole night by a wide variety of guests! She didn't mind a bit, she already knows how to work a crowd :)

From Christmas 2009
From Christmas 2009
After dropping the kids off and running some errands (Wal-Mart visit #4 for the week, ugh) I met some of my great friends for a birthday lunch for Karen and me. Evie came along and helped us enjoy the city's best Mexican fare while having a great time. I am so lucky for the friends we have here!! The best part was planning a 2010 trip to NYC with the girls for the "Hot Chocolate Run" in Central Park (Susan, you'll have to join us!) and tons of shopping :) My New Year's resolution will be to make sure that trip happens! We then did a little shopping at a friend's store - great holiday sales and I picked up a special plate and mug for Santa! Kendal will hate it but the kids will love it!

This afternoon, Evie and I went to the twins' school for their Christmas party. It was a simple affair with holiday treats and happy kids but a lot of fun. The kids are getting more adjusted to their school and I was so happy to see them playing with the other kids - whew!
From Christmas 2009

From Christmas 2009

From Christmas 2009

From Christmas 2009

From Christmas 2009
After the party, we went to meet Santa! He stopped by a local bank to visit with the kids - I expected lots of tears and screams but the kids were pretty good. Jackson Camper actually sat in Santa's lap (a Christmas miracle!) and Carlisle gave him a cookie - a smart start! Evie Claire got to meet him too - wonder what she's wanting for Christmas?? Though tired and excited after a long day, we went with friends to grab dinner - six adults and six kids and it was an absolute zoo, but a great time - again, we're thankful to have great friends here in town that help keep us grounded and sane!

From Christmas 2009

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi there! I'm not sure if I left message on your blog successfully last night. But you look really great as before. And your baby kids are soooooooooo cute !! Merry Christmas :) I will go to church tomorrow night ^^