background

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Old Friends

















As I mentioned earlier, we got a chance to see many of our oldest, closest friends over the Thanksgiving holiday. On the way to Hattiesburg, we stopped in Jackson to see Brittany Odom and her kids Caroline and Hayes. Brittany and I got to be good friends in 7th grade (I'll spare you some of those pictures, I looked so awkward!), were in each other's weddings, etc. We had a great visit - I think my kids tore up her house, but they had fun doing it ;)

While in the 'burg we spent the day with my very oldest friend Emily Kines (we met when we were three!) and her kids Anne-Elise, Ava, Jak and Matt. We went to a bounce house "store" where the kids jumped and played to their heart's content (wore them out!) then we dined at Rocket City Diner, a re-opened old haunt from my junior high and high school days. Had to get a hot fudge/banana shake while there! That night, I dragged Kendal to see the latest "Twilight" movie with Emily and her hubby. I loved ever minute of it, Kendal was less than impressed with the movie, but had fun with my friends anyway.

I also got to hang out with one of my besties, Susan, who was in town from Chicago. She visited us in Arkansas back in August, so two good visits in recent months has been awesome. We also caught up with Kelly Garvey, one of my best guy friends from high school.

Then, on to Baton Rouge! We met the Eldridges, Brights and Sawyers down there and had an absolute blast! We showed the Brights and Eldridges all around LSU and I loved every minute of it! We tailgated with some LSU friends compliments of the Sawyers and - most important - we won the game! 12-0! We are hoping a National Champioship is in short order (hope I didn't jinx us!). Geaux Tigers!

No comments: