Look who's talking! One thing we can always count on is for Jackson to exceed our expectations! He walked later than his sister, but his first steps were a full-out run. The same is proving true with his mastery of vocabulary. Just a few days ago, we were telling our pediatrician at that Jackson hasn't really said any decipherable words - he's a great babbler, but mostly points and grunts. That very day, Jackson waved to Kendal in the yard and said "bye bye!" and can now say "shoe" and "juice." Carlisle has her "uh-oh" down pat, loves a "baby," loves her "juice," has a pageant wave to accompany her "buh-bye," calls Jackson "Bubba," can growl like a bear and woof like a dog and can point to her nose, ear and chin (usually).
One funny quirk Carli has developed that I've talked about earlier is her love for her stuffed animals, or "be-be's." She always has at least two with her and must have at least four to go quietly into her crib. Santa (aka GanGan and Big Daddy) gave her a baby set of boy-girl twins with a stroller, crib and double swing/high chair. Without fail, Carlisle and I will be "playing" with the babies and I'll show her how to set the twins in the high chair. She will roughly and disdainfully grab the babies and toss them on the floor. Then, she gently and motherly takes a stuffed "be-be," sets it in the chair and feeds it a can of peas or a slice of pizza (from her kitchen, of course). Perhaps we'll replace some pets before introducing a little brother or sister to the family :)On Sunday, I dressed Jackson in a most precious set of smocked cowboy overalls. Love it, wish he would wear them every day! Carlisle wore a dress that was actually mine as a baby. It's a teeny bit short but looked pretty darn darling on her. As always, they had fun in the church nursery with their buddy Will and other special friends.
![]() |
| From Collages |
I will leave you with a little "rap" the twins and I composed tonight during bath-time... I think maybe Kendal and I need a night out :)
You can find me in the tub,
Water's full of bubs
Our Mom's got what we need
She's gonna keep us clean
Don't want to go outside 'cause my ducky's who I love
So come give me a hug
You'll wind up getting dunked
You can find me in the tub.
Water's full of bubs
Our Mom's got what we need
She's gonna keep us clean
Don't want to go outside 'cause my ducky's who I love
So come give me a hug
You'll wind up getting dunked
You can find me in the tub.

2 comments:
Hey Lauren. As I was reading about Carlisle and her baby dolls I got to thinking about me and my baby dolls when I was little. I was obsessed with them and had them all of the time. I even used to take them to church and leave them in the nursery where Oma would "take care" of them. I even packed a diaper bag. Maybe one day, Carlisle will bring her dolls to church and leave them in the nursery!
Lauren, love your blog. How are you making those great collages?
~Kyndra
Post a Comment