background

Monday, March 22, 2010

Funny Things

No pics today (I can't believe it either!) but I did want to take a second to record a few funny things the twins have said lately.

Today was the perfect Spring day - after dipping into the 40's this weekend! - so after we got home from work/school I fixed the twins some Blue Belle ice cream and Evie some rice cereal and we headed out to the front porch. Jackson Camper decided he wanted some whale crackers (knockoff Goldfish - and tastier!) in his ice cream, so he started counting them out. "Uno... dos... tres... cuatro..." Clear as a bell in Spanish, all on his own, no prompting. I'm wondering - is it Dora or school, 'cause I know he did not learn that at home! I do think this might be a good summer to try to get them into some Spanish lessons, though, since they are clearly primed. Any ideas about a children's Spanish teacher in the area?

Later, we were enjoying dinner on the back deck when Kendal tried to convince J.C. that he should eat some of his barbeque rib. He looks at the rib, looks at me, then says "No, Dad, it's ham. My mamma told me that!" I had said it was ham earlier and I was just so happy that he not only listened to me but believed me! So silly and simple, but it made me feel pretty darn smart! Even if it really was a rib... But a pork rib, so aren't we both right??

Yesterday, I was changing Carlisle's diaper and out of the blue she says with a huge smile "I so happy GanGan and Big Daddy come to my house!" My parents are coming later this week for a visit and CarCar remembered our talking about that earlier in the day. That was the first time she's verbalized a sentence using that much reason and emotion, so to hear her say that was pretty cool.

Evie is just smiling and having a ball :) I am getting closer to thinking about talking about thinking about moving her from our bedroom into her nursery. Seriously, she just turned five months last week, it's time for her to experience some independence. Unfortunately, I'm not ready for independence! I just love having her inches away from me at night (in her swing bed) and I am terrified about putting her in another room. The twins slept in their cribs from the day they came home from the hospital, but I've been able to take advantage of the opportunity to hold/carry/rock/nurse/hug Evie as much as I want and I'm frankly spoiled. The twins have never shown a bit of jealousy, which has made it even easier for me to keep her in one arm while I play and cuddle with them. So, while you're mulling over a local Spanish teacher, I could use some encouragement on giving Evie a little space :)

1 comment:

Lori Motl said...

That is so tough to move them out. I can remember wanting to cling to that time with Josh. I have no real advice except that I'll be happy to come in and encourage you while you are going through the separation process.