background

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Teamwork

Just a little video to share...

Kendal took this video with his phone a few days ago as we were hanging out on the deck. It's like something has clicked lately and the twins have a "real" relationship and are learning to share and play together. Simple things in some ways, but pretty amazing nonetheless. Here, the kids pushed their wagon up the hill, then pulled it down again... then back up and down... and up and down... I am betting the grandparents are the only people who will make it all the way through this video, but we found it to be pretty profound!

Right now, I'm listening to them talk to each other (over the monitor). We put them to bed about an hour ago, but they're just laying in bed chatting. Carlisle was home sick today with a fever, so she's been telling Jackson about her day: "I go to Wal-Mart to get toys. I eat Cheerios. I take a nap." Jackson is telling his sister about "Schoolbus," a video they watch and sing to at school, as well as who he played with outside. It's just fun to listen to!

On the Wal-Mart note... No, I probably should not have taken her out, but her fever was back down to 98 by 2PM and we really needed milk and something for dinner. No, not toys, though I did cave and get them big coloring books. As always, someone rats me out...

No comments: