We are so lucky to have great friends in our church, both old and new. Kendal and I played softball this season with many of these friends. It was a great experience - this was one of the first summers I have not been pregnant, so I didn't have a good excuse to sit out :) We had a great season (minus my unfortunate accident when the batter slammed my hand with her bat) and got to celebrate tonight! The whole team gathered for a pot-luck with burgers and steaks prepared by Richard and Nathan.
We also used this time to send-off some great friends, Courtney and Brent Martin and their girls Adalaide and Madison. We first met the Martins when Courtney worked at the twins' first daycare. They soon began attending FPC and we've been friends since. Brent has been the softball team's MVP (pictured in red below) for three years now - he played baseball at Henderson State and served as one of their assistant coaches. The family is moving to the Jackson, MS, area for Brent's new job - we with them traveling mercies and the best of luck as they settle into their new home. We'll miss them! I know our kids will, too.
We also got to give "Coach Richard" a big thanks! Our friend is the one who pulled the team together originally and has been both coach and cheerleader since. He's been the catalyst for a lot of great friendships and great memories :)

No comments:
Post a Comment