background

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Ouachita Experience


It may seem a little random that I'm blogging about Ouachita Baptist University, but hear me out... The university (where I work as an alumni director) is launching a "Ouachita BlogAbout" on Founder's Day and is asking all alumni, students and friends to share their Ouachita story.
When we moved to Arkadelphia, I was fortuanate to find a job at Ouachita in the alumni office. Though I went to LSU (still a purple & gold tiger!), I can definitely see how this small, Christian university impacts the lives of both students and graduates. Ouachita has and continues to be a wonderful place to work and has welcomed me into a community I am fortunate to be part of! I'm even teaching a freshman orientation class this semester and, in sharing about Ouachita's culture and resources with the students, have gained an even greater respect for this institution. The students are amazing, the faculty top-notch and the campus is beautiful as can be. How 'bout them Tigers!!

If you have a Ouachita story, blog about it on Monday, September 6 (Founder's Day)! Send a link to your story to Lori Motl at motll@obu.edu and she will link it to the Ouachita blog and web site.
THANKS!

2 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

I love that y'all are doing this. The few stories that I've read this morning have made it a wonderful day for me.

Anonymous said...

This was so much fun! It's made me a little wistful reading everyone's memories!

I lived in Louisiana when I went to Ouachita, so I pull for both Tigers, too! :)