
I have very quickly found that I am not above bribery when it comes to my kids. It may be a quick fix, but in the midst of Wal-Mart tantrums or ultra whiny mornings, a little bribery at times helps me keep a little sanity. Gummies, an extra cup of chocolate milk, a new car - whatever it takes.
This was never so true as when we decided to take on the potty training of the twins. Jackson took to it a little faster and is loving his big-boy SpiderMan underwear (and, yes, I realize that one day he will read that I told the "world" about his underwear) Carlisle, in a bout of stubborness, is taking a little longer so I had an idea. I went out and bough a Barbie, set it on the bathroom shelf and told her she could get the doll when she went to the potty 20 times. Lo and behold, look who got a Barbie!
Note: I found this 1985 re-release Peaches & Cream Barbie and just had to get it. I had this very doll growing up and it stopped me in my tracks when I saw it at Wal-Mart. It's fun to see Carlisle playing with her now!
1 comment:
I would have found a reason to bribe with that toy! I loved Peaches 'n Cream Barbie!!! C is so cute :)
Post a Comment