background

Saturday, September 18, 2010

VBS


This August, our church hosted VBS for the first time in several years - and it was a huge success! Our children's director, Breanne, did a fantastic job in coordinating the volunteers, crafts and curriculum (showing me, again, why I am not called to be a teacher!). She led us through a Saturday "Around the World in One Day!" and the kids loved it.

The VBS sessions took the kids through five "countries" where the Presbyterian church has active ministry: Guatemala, Pakistan, the Philippines and Malawi (I realize that's just four, it's late as I'm writing this!). Mary Elizabeth and I took on Malawi and had a great time transforming our room into an African landscape. The kids painted tambourines, listened to African children's songs, heard the Bible story of the Good Samaritan, ate African snacks and talked about kids just like them who are living in Malawi. It was a great experience and even the smallest kids (mine included) really grew throughout the day.

We are so blessed to have a wonderful church home, so many awesome kids and even more awesome adults who take time to teach and love on them.


No comments: