The twins and I returned late Sunday from a busy weekend in Louisiana. We spent Thursday night in Shreveport, then headed to Baton Rouge early the next morning. We got to town early enough to pick up New York Bagel (the best!) for my best friend from LSU, Elizabeth. Elizabeth (known to friends as LeeBee) is 28 weeks pregnant with TWIN GIRLS so we were all in town to celebrate! The twins quickly proved that LeeBee's house is NOT baby-proofed (but close!) and we had a great visit. We then met my parents and sister at the hotel and grabbed dinner at another favorite college haunt, Ninfa's. Our bestest friends Mike and Amy Sawyer and their daughter Claire joined us for dinner. The twins ate handfulls of sour cream (they love it, maybe confused with yogurt??) and Jackson Camper even enjoyed two of my crawfish quesadillas! That night, Anna and I stayed up late (with Jackson, who would not sleep) making a diaper cake for Elizabeth's shower.
The next day, we had a leisurely breakfast then visited with Lauren's college friend Kacie Ali who has just moved back to New Orleans from Boston - I've missed her so much! It was then time to head over to the shower. We had such a special day! Several of our Kappa Delta sisters came to the shower and we had a baby girl-fest with Elizabeth's friends and family. I am definitely in the mood for another baby now :) Her nursery is beautiful and the girls will be born into such a loving home. Only a few weeks to go until these babies arrive - say quick prayers that they don't come too early!Saturday night, we went to the Chimes for dinner (an LSU tradition). Afterwards, we took the twins to meet Mike the Tiger at his gorgeous new habitat. Mike was quietly prowling around when we arrived so we got a peek. I later turned a corner and came face-to-face with Mike - and, naturally, I screamed bloody murder. He turned tail and ran away, never to be seen again... I hated that I scared him, but he scared me! We grabbed Marble Slab ice cream for dessert then stayed up late watching the Olympics (Team Phelps!) and awoke the next morning in time for lunch and a loooooong drive home. To make the drive even longer, I stopped for some Borque's Cajun Sausage Jalapeno bread and Nachidoghes meat pies - yum!
Now we're all home and still tired, but it was a great trip :) I miss seeing my family more often but treasure the times we do spend together. Nana (K's mom) is in town this week helping with the twins and we're having a really great time. We LOVE grandparents!!! And grandparents love babies :)
2 comments:
Hey! Just ran across your blog...don't you love having a creative outlet?? You were BRAVE taking twins with you alone across the state. I don't even know if I'd do that with just Zoe. But I bet you guys had fun!
Lauren,
I just realized that your blog was linked from Brittany's! I loved seeing pictures of these babies of yours. They are adorable and it looks like you're such a fun mom! I'm not surprised in the least. So good to see that you are well.
Keep in touch!
Carly (Allen) Winborne
Post a Comment