The kids had a pretty good time - they were a little overwhelmed by all the people, but they did have their buddy Will and new friend Zoe (who's their age, too!) to play with. We had a kiddie pool ready to be set up in the yard, but the kids all loved playing in the kitchen (minus the water) so we let them go to town.We're hoping for a pretty quiet weekend. Next week I'm taking the kids to meet my family in Baton Rouge as we celebrate the upcoming birth if twin girls to my best friend from college, Elizabeth. Over Labor Day we'll be celebrating the first birthday of our best twin-friends George and Abigail - all the best things seem to come in twos!
And I really just had to post this picture... So, I gave the kids goldfish a
nd strawberry newton bites for a snack today, then let them split one of my favorite cookies. It's a "Hit" cookie (ironically made in Germany) that I found at the local Brookshire's and remember well from my month of backpacking through Europe back in 2000. The chocolate on her upper lip made me think of another infamous German for some reason... I'm just saying...
No comments:
Post a Comment