background

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"I was RUNNING!!!"

He did it. He really did it. Jackson Camper really, truly RAN his first steps last night. We were all playing in the nursery when Kendal and I looked at Jackson Camper and realized - with a mixture of horror and excitement - that he was not only walking for the first time, he was REALLY moving his legs! No joke, he looked like a football player doing the tire drill with knees flying and feet stomping! He ran all over the room - I counted over 30 steps one time. Absolutely crazy. Carlisle still walks very carefully and deliberately, usually holding a book or a bunny, and her brother is all over the place!



Carlisle has a great new trick... You can say to her, "Bring me a book!" and she will go to the bookshelf, grab a book and bring it to you! Or, say "Bring me a bunny!" (she loves her bunny toys) and she'll grab one from the pile and bring it over. Truly amazing. Kendal is now teaching her what a remote control is... and I am teaching her what a Diet Coke looks like.

Let the chaos begin!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Using her knowledge for personal gain... I would say it's a horrible thing to do but she is still learning new objects and you get something out of it.. not all too bad. Although I am surprised that you didn't mention you were teaching her how to fetch a beer. I am sure that was above remote in my Dad's list since he probably would have already had the remote. They are learning fast though and Jackson really is quick!