The best thing about kids - PARTIES! I will look for any excuse to get folks together for good times and sugar, so this is great for me! Kendal mysteriously disappears when it's time for a school party... hmmmm... But, I love them - stress, chaos and all - so bring on the candy!
The kids had a great time at their school party on Friday. Normally we stay home with them on Fridays since I'm part-time at OBU and that's Kendal's day off but we sent them to school so they could see the Easter Bunny and enjoy their party. I heard from their teachers that the Easter Bunny was NOT a big hit - in fact, their screaming scared the other kids so badly the twins had to be taken out of the room. Ouch. But, they did like the snacks later in the day! I got to enjoy it with them before heading to church:
We then loaded up the car and headed to church for our Good Friday service. Our children's director, Breanne, planned some fun activities for the kids - dyeing Easter eggs! I was not about to take this on myself, but I was surprised to see that the kids did a great job, listened to instructions and did not make a mess! Good grief, who are these little people :)

Breanne is a pro. She started out by explaining that the kids were going to do some "magic" - a la vinegar and dye tablets - and the kids just ate it up. They were mesmerized by the cups of fizzing dye and listened patiently as Miss Breanne and Miss Alyssa explained how they were going to dye the eggs. Breanne started out by peeling a boiled egg to show them what was inside - Carlisle thought there was a bunny in the egg??
What?! This is where the Cadbury Bunny really causes problems. Anyway, they understood what was inside the eggs and got to work. I love the picture of Jackson here - that is pure, absolute amazement and excitement as he watches a colored egg emerge from a cup of blue dye. I don't know if I've ever seen him so happy. I'm thinking we may have a science project pro on our hands :)

On Saturday morning, Kendal got to go fishing with his buddy Nathan and I took the kids to the Easter Fair at the Methodist Church. As soon as we got out of the car, we saw a bunch of friends, so that made the twins happy. We also got some cookies, so that was a big bonus! They were a little unsure about all of the games (okay, a LOT unsure) so we spent some quality time visiting with one of their best friends, Jorja. She was in their class at their old school and the kids still talk about her all the time - I do look forward to the day when they're all back together for kindergarten, though I don't want time to pass too quickly! They were a little shy at first, but warmed up fast and had a great time playing together. The days' activities included the reading of an Easter story and an big egg hunt. It was a great time and a morning very well spent!

We also got a good visit in with one of our family's favorite people, Miss Nikki. She was the twins' teacher last year and they absolutely loved her. She loved on our kids and we loved on her! As soon as she saw us, she took Evie so I could look after the twins. I never realize how much I need help until someone so graciously offers it, what a gift. Nikki held Evie the entire time and our sweet girl fell in love with her as quickly as the twins did. As we were leaving, I asked her husband (who has served as a pastor in the past) if he was preaching in the morning and he shared that he was actually leaving for Iraq. He is going over with the corps of engineers for 6 months to help with rebuilding infrastructure, etc. I felt absolutely terrible that - during one of their "last" family outings for a good while - Nikki had watched MY child. But, she's just selfless like that and is just a wonderful person. If you want to be in prayer for this family, that would really be a gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment