background

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas with the Babies

From Recently Updated

Despite our drama last week, we had a wonderful, special holiday with the twins. My family were understanding in the fact that "Santa don't travel!" so they all came up to our house to spend the holiday. We spent Christmas Eve morning - my 31st birthday, ouch - celebrating our 2nd annual tradition of a Waffle House breakfast! Kendal and I LOVE Waffle House but try to limit our visits there to special occasions :) We decided on Christmas after a memorable trip to Wa-Ho during seminary where we found a light-up nativity complete with Baby Jesus in tupperware in their foyer! My parents were good sports and I think even enjoyed their diner-style breakfast. The kids absolutely loved it! They both gobbled waffles and Carlisle loved her Nana's grits!

From Recently Updated

We attended our church's Christmas Eve service. Ugh - I'm still reeling a bit from that one. The twins and I were to light the advent candle with our friends Mary Elizabeth, Conner and Will. We didn't have any time to "practice" so the whole event was a bit of a mess with our walking down way after our song "cue", not knowing where the heck to stand, fumbling with passing the mic between us all and finally with my laughing (snorting) my way through the prayer as Jackson grabbed my mic and hair. Carlisle and Will were both perfect, thankfully! So embarrasing, but wonderful in that our church family understands!

We headed to Shreveport Christmas mid-morning for lunch with Kendal's family. It was wonderful (a little chaotic, but fun!) to enjoy Christmas dinner with SO MANY family members - we loved it! Kendal, the kids and I spent the next few days in Louisiana with his family just resting and recuperating from the stressful week. We made the tough decision to cancel a trip for our dear friend Kimberly's wedding in Ohio - we felt (and still feel) awful but neither Kendal nor I were really ready to leave the kids. So, instead, we're now enjoying a "stay-cation" with our family at our house! We plan to organize everything top to bottom - and are actually looking forward to the process! We received a handi-cam from my parents for Christmas, so be watching for some home movies to pop up on the blog (once I figure out how to upload them!).

No comments: