background

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Looking A Lot More Like Christmas...

I should so be in bed, but I'm just too keyed up! Our friends Meghan and Erin Hawkes hosted a fab "Tacky Christmas Sweater" party tonight - such fun, thanks ladies! Kendal graciously stayed home with the kids while I went to the party, it was a great break with great friends. Now, I'm home trying (frantically) to finish up some Christmas gifts as my parents and sister arrive tomorrow. So, no better time to procrastinate and post some recent pics!

Wednesday was a big day! Stealing a celebration idea from some friends (Emily and Mary Elizabeth), we decided to commemorate the twins' half birthday with cupcakes! I baked "Texas size" cupcakes (you know, the really big ones) and cut them in half and sent them to school with the kids. They had a good time, I think! I am having a very time accepting that my babies aren't really... babies! They're 1 1 /2 and full of life and surprises! Carlisle is definitely our talker (she says the typical "uh-uh-oh" and loves to call everything a "baby" while cuddling her stuffed animals. She can also now say "Bubba!" in reference to her sweet bro). She loves to dance (Noggin's Jack's Big Music Show is a huge hit), can spin pretty darn well and loves to sit in your lap to read a book. Surprisingly, she's a more laid back - I expected total drama queen, but not so much (yet!). Jackson Camper talks his own precious, elaborate language and loves to blow huge, elaborate kisses. He loves television as much as Sissy (oops!) and is always running around. His favorite word is "choo-choo!" so maybe the railroad or at least travel is in his future? He's rough and tumble and loves to tackle you with a big hug and smile. He has a little temper and will run to the corner when he's mad, but he recovers quickly and is really a happy fella'. They both are pretty good eaters, with Nutrigrain bars, pretzels and grapes among their favorite snacks.

On Thursday, the kids' school had their Christmas party. The "big kids" performed a few Christmas songs - our kiddos will be up there next year! We then had a nice holiday party and got to spend some time with the kids' friends and their parents. We've been so pleased with our daycare! In January, the twins will "move up" to the toddler class - yikes! I'm a little terrified - they will be in a real "classroom," no more high chairs, they feed themselves lunch (as best they can) and no more naps! What happened to my babies?!

From Collages

Kendal noticed something funny on Friday morning... Some sweet friends from church brought the twins Christmas gifts - boy and girl gingerbread beanie baby dolls in tin buckets. Kendal gave the kids their gifts and, within seconds, Jackson was banging the tin buckets together in loud, sheer glee while Carlisle had taken the dolls and was gently playing with them. It's so funny to see the "all boy" and "little princess" traits developing totally naturally in the kids. We rear them exactly the same, but they are totally taking on traditional roles - but they play together great, too! We're wondering if we need to "shake things up" a bit and give Carli some loud trucks and Jackson Camper some dolls so they can relate to the opposite sex, too! I'm all about equal opportunity, for sure.

Okay, back to work... or maybe to bed... Hopefully Mr. Jackson will sleep through the night - he's had a terrible time with night terrors and tonight is my "shift" with him should he wake up... Ugh. Sweet dreams, Jackson Camper! And Merry Christmas to all my friends out there :)

2 comments:

buscher3 said...

Ugh..sorry to hear about the night terrors. Zoe has had her share of those, but usually recovers well with about 5 minutes of cuddling and walking around her room to assure her nothing bad is there. She hasn't had one in a while, but the few that she's had were rough on her.

odomfamilyfun said...

love the half birthday....do you remember Emily having those! hilarious ;) I think she still likes Josh to get her gifts...hahha. The twins are too cute!